Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter

He is Risen!!!

I am religious. Though we do not attend church as often as I used to, we still like to teach our children about The Lord. I was sadden by the lack of Faith in our neighborhood today. I saw more children hunting for Easter eggs rather then getting ready for church. YES, YES, I know this is my personal thoughts on today, but it is also what Our Great Country was founded off of and it is slowly being taken away from us. OK now enough of that, because that is a totally different topic :).

I also found it harder this Easter being away from our families. We have a new addition which only a few people have ever met. Let alone our two oldest are on their own while hunting for eggs. I remember hunting with all my cousins and having loads of fun. I DO see this between my own children, but it is always fun when there are MORE to watch and share the enjoyment of "the find" with.

Cooking??? NOPE!!! We didn't cook anything. This was a PLUS and minus for me!! Instead of being cooped up in the kitchen I was able to fully enjoy the Glorious day that was given to us in this stretched out winter weather up north...Blah!!! The minus, I didn't get to enjoy the typical food you eat at Easter. My favorites to mention are my Aunts Deviled eggs!!! Grammies potato salad and olives just laying in a dish...YUMMM!!!

NOW don't go thinking I was all sally sob story today. I enjoyed a lunch out with the family. The children were a delight and I had yummy food. A nice friend who is more like a sister came over with gifts for the kids and helped celebrate the day. She also got awesome news about her daddy which just made me remember that Jesus listens to our prayers for others, but it is only in his time that they will be answered. We then skyped and Face timed with family. It is nice that technology has given us this luxury.

I hope you all had a wonderful day as well.

For future tips on Easter eggs and Easter baskets.

Eggs: I bought a sticker book with a page or so of stickers (I cut them up to individual), had piggy banks already and a small bag of candy.
~fill eggs with 2 pennies, 1 nickel, 1 dime, or 1 quarter (I thank my mother in law for this idea)
~fill other eggs with a few stickers
~ the remainder eggs about 15 were filled with the small amount of candy
~~~ this reduces the intake of sweets and candies it also is exciting to get something different to use.
(my kids spent time counting their "moneyies", adding stickers to their sticker books and did not consume the small amount of candy that was found)

Baskets: I found this difficult this year. Last year it was like Christmas time all over again...AHHHH. So to defeat that I vowed to only get one new outfit, a few dollar items and that's is it!! Best part.. I went to Target and defied my want to purchase EVERYTHING. Then the hubs and I went to the dollar store and he felt they needed more. So a jump rope, bubbles, bubbles and more bubbles, small puzzles and old school puddy stuff. Thank you Dollar store. Didn't spend more then 40 dollars total on All my Easter stuff for 3 children and 50 eggs.

Please share what your family does. I would love to explore something different for next year or help other cut their costs on spending.

No comments:

Post a Comment