Sunday, March 31, 2013

My First day of doing it ALL

Lets all stop and take a Breath. YES today was along one of those days!!

As for today I was determined to clean, play with the boys, fix our vacuum, fix 2 burnt out lights (1 on the ceiling), clean out my fridge of long overdue leftovers (those ones we promise ourselves to eat and never do), clean the dishes and put them away. Sweep, vacuum and mop floors.. (this, the mopping, was LONG overdue...like 4-ish months), workout and be patient all in 12 hours.

READY... SET...GO...!!!! aahhhhhhhhh!!!!! LOL Kidding!!!

Yes, I accomplished all of the above. I planned the night before. I am not always good at this, but it really does WORK. I have promised myself, as of today, to plan out my tomorrow's the night before.
How to Accomplish a full day of things to do.
To do this be realistic, especially when you have children, I personally feel 1.errands should be done first. My logic... once your errands are done you can focus solely on the children and things that need to be done at home.
2. Price what you need to buy online (yes, I have money saving tips as well ;))
3. Depending on what your route is drive in one direction majority of the time. Driving back and forth only makes you bonkers, waste gas and waste time.....probably will loose hair, and sanity in the process. True story!!!
4. Once home FEED the little people. Doesn't matter if you leave something out for them to snack on or you give them and earlier meal. Do it!!! if not in the middle of cleaning you WILL HEAR.. "I am SO hungry" or "when is lunch going to be". Your response could be wait till I am done or can you give mommy a few seconds. This isn't helpful to anyone. Plus you could save that conversation for when they start starving a few minutes after lunch and act like they haven't been fed in ages.
5. I agree with other moms on this. Pick One thing or One area to clean. I have OCD so I see and feel all I have or want to do and get easily side tracked. If this is you too, continuously tell yourself to focus on the one thing and if you have more time then do the other as well.
6. If you are getting bored with that area. spend time with your children. I notice when I am too focused on doing what I NEED to do or WANT to do I get little demons in my house. ((Please understand I am a normal mom who understands her kids are far from perfect children. They have a side that you just never want to see or deal with, but it shows itself eventually. The first step to sanity is excepting of this, Second is to admit it, Third, make fun of it...Laughter helps!!)

That is all I have. I truly believe in Time Management. It takes practice, but it really does help alleviate stress, hair loss, possible frustration and leads to a happier home and easier day.

Please remember this works for me and I only started doing this recently. my children are 5,4 and 4.5 months. So it took awhile to come up with a routine that works for us.
What are you doing in your home as a routine???

No comments:

Post a Comment