Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wives and Moms stick together

Since becoming a Wife and Mother happened so young for me I made a decision to be my best at both. I am a perfectionist at heart, thanks mom. I strive everyday to teach my kids about health, hygiene, proper communication, etiquette, treating others with respect, and of course educational things that schools are no longer teaching. I also make sure my husband is as comfortable as I can possible help make him.

I had someone tell me yesterday. "A way to really hurt a man is to target or tell him how to do his job at supporting his family and pointing out his failures in the bedroom. The way to really hurt a woman is to tell her about her job as a wife and mother".

This is SO true!!
.
 Lets all get the rules straight:
1. All children are different. Even the children you birth will not be even remotely similar!
2. Husbands didn't marry their mommies. (please understand all males and females marry someone who has similar aspects of their parents, but that doesn't mean they match them perfectly)

Recently I have been at the end of someone telling me about the man I married and how my children could possibly end up. This information I already knew, and also informed me, basically, not to ruin certain parts of our days by things I decided to do for MY family. This did not go over well and is still pondered on my mind daily on why it was necessary.
 I felt judged on how I was doing MY job. I wanted to scream and finally broke down and cried yesterday.  I remind myself this person has never been in my home and doesn't see what I do on a daily basis. They also weren't in premarital counseling and don't know what my husband and I discussed.

I have had friends talk to me about other women telling them how to care for their children. When they should be putting them to bed, how and when to feed them, and how often to change their diapers. Come on ladies...... REALLY?!?!?!

I want to say stop and think before you speak. Especially when you are talking to another woman about what they do in their household.
I understand no one is perfect and we may fail at this more often then not, but hey lets give it a good try......deal?!?!

Some of you may be thinking: What about advice? or a suggestion?.... Is it needed or wanted?? did they pose a need for it to begin with??
I look at it like this. When wives and mothers get together we all talk. Talk about what we are going through with our children and husbands. We obviously are listening to the other ladies and hearing what they are doing....isn't that enough? This could also open the door for you to make a suggestion like.... If you tried it this way you may get a better result with your children or husband?
This would help us stick together rather then tear each other down.

Of course for those Christians reading. God calls us to always bring each other up. I remind myself this daily. Again we are not perfect and fall short. But it is the trying that keeps us on our toes and reminds us daily to be better and not become of the world and those around us.

Have you have been judged by someone or told how to do your Wife and Mother job??

 Remember you are always doing your best. These jobs did not come with a job description.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a wife or a mommy, but this is a good reminder to all women. We should be building each other up, rather than tearing each other down. Thanks for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete